Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Howard

The Howard stop connects Chicago's downtown with the Yellow Line and Skokie, and the Purple Line and Evanston. You can transfer between Red, Purple and Yellow lines for free. 

Unfortunately, I have not explored the Howard stop of the Red Line very thoroughly. I've taken it to transfer to the Yellow Line (which I would definitely recommend, the Yellow Line, or the Skokie Swift, is a really beautiful track- especially in the autumn- and completely free!).

More posts on the Howard stop of the Red, Purple and Yellow Lines soon! 

If you live off of the Howard stop, or have explored the Howard stop before, let me know in the comments section!

The next stop on the Purple Line is South Boulevard (Northbound), Sheridan (Southbound, on weekdays before Cubs games) or Belmont (Southbound, on weekdays during rush hour periods).

Back to the Purple Line.

1 comment:

  1. I used the Howard stop for approximately 2.5 years. Personally, in terms of CTA, it worked great for me, b/c if I was tired, I could get on the red line (heading to Howard), and know I wouldn't miss my stop, but I also liked having the option of taking the (Purple) express (during rush hours, of course). And now with the electronic signs, it's even easier to determine if waiting for a Purple is worth it...

    Unfortunately, I don't have much to offer in terms of sight-seeing in the area, but I'm sure others do.

    ReplyDelete